Nathan's Student Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is where everyone can enjoy chatting. No Teachers ALLOWED

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inClick Here!

Impossible Question..Please help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lover of Clams
I am my own rank mwhahaha!

Impossible Question..Please help Empty
PostSubject: Impossible Question..Please help   Impossible Question..Please help I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:34 pm

um can anyone answer this question? It's from my load of Winter Break homework, and i think it's a trick question but im not sure

Question:Ryan has seven brothers and sisters. One of his sibling's name is Alicia. Another of his sisters play the violin. Two of his siblings are identical twins and are boys, but one of them has a freckle on his face. They do not play the same instrument. Karen does not play either the cello or piano. One of his brothers play the piano, and his name is not Gregory. Two more of his siblings play it too, and they are both girls. One of his sisters play the cello. Conner has a freckle and a twin brother. His twin brother plays the cello. HIs twin brother's name is not Dan. One of the girls who play piano is named Janet. Conner plays the piano, same as Annie.

I know it's kind of annoying and complicated, but if anyone can figure out the answer, please leave a reply. thanks
Back to top Go down

Location : Why do YOU want to know...unless...YOU'RE A STALKER!!!

PostSubject: Re: Impossible Question..Please help   Impossible Question..Please help I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 5:04 am

uh... can you please put each fact/sentence in seperate bullets, like one fact/sentence per bullet? its getting to annoying trying to keep track and stuff
Back to top Go down
Lover of Clams

PostSubject: Re: Impossible Question..Please help   Impossible Question..Please help I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:57 pm

ok.. hows this

Ryan has seven siblings.

1.One of his sibling's name is Alicia.

2.Another of his sisters play the violin.

3.Two of his siblings are identical twins and are boys, but one of them has a freckle on his face. They do not play the same instrument.

4.Karen does not play either the cello or piano.

5.One of his brothers play the piano, and his name is not Gregory.

6.Two more of his siblings play it too, and they are both girls.

7.One of his sisters play the cello.

8.Conner has a freckle and a twin brother. His twin brother plays the cello. Hs twin brother's name is not Dan.

9.One of the girls who play piano is named Janet.

10.Conner plays the piano, same as Annie.
Back to top Go down
Lover of Clams

PostSubject: Re: Impossible Question..Please help   Impossible Question..Please help I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 10:59 pm

Lover of Clams wrote:
ok.. hows this

Ryan has seven siblings.

1.One of his sibling's name is Alicia.

2.Another of his sisters play the violin.

3.Two of his siblings are identical twins and are boys, but one of them has a freckle on his face. They do not play the same instrument.

4.Karen does not play either the cello or piano.

5.One of his brothers play the piano, and his name is not Gregory.

6.Two more of his siblings play it too, and they are both girls.

7.One of his sisters play the cello.

8.Conner has a freckle and a twin brother. His twin brother plays the cello. Hs twin brother's name is not Dan.

9.One of the girls who play piano is named Janet.

10.Conner plays the piano, same as Annie.
OMG I almost forgot.. Yeah the objective is to figure out who plays what instrument and their names. sorry i forgot to mention it!
Back to top Go down

Location : Why do YOU want to know...unless...YOU'RE A STALKER!!!

PostSubject: Re: Impossible Question..Please help   Impossible Question..Please help I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 11:24 pm

whoa this is long... im not gonna solve it, but i can give you tips Very Happy. first, right down all then names mentioned in the question. second, right down all the instruments mentioned. third, make a tabel where all the people's name is going down and the instruments' names are going across. fourth, read through the question again, and make X's in the row of the person's name in the instrument that they cant have. eventually, u will have it all done Smile. hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Lover of Clams

PostSubject: Re: Impossible Question..Please help   Impossible Question..Please help I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2009 12:35 am

solved it.. thanks for the tips! Made it easier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impossible Question..Please help   Impossible Question..Please help I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Impossible Question..Please help
Page 1 of 1